Sunday, September 5, 2010

Where to begin? The summer has come and gone and now we are in the thick of canning, dehydrating, and harvesting time and not to mention hunting season. Although our garden may not be worthy of the word "harvest" it probably is something more along the lines of "occasional picking." I will try to update you all on the lives of our 3 beautiful girls.

Kenadee

Kenadee entered the realm of kindergarten in the end of August. She absolutely loves going to school and I am excited about all she will learn. She is such a big help with Kate and always picks her up and carries her around. Kenadee loves to draw and my table is constantly covered with a stack of papers and box of crayons. Our fridge is also plastered with her masterpieces. The other night she and Kinsey were playing outside and I told them that they needed to clean up their room before they could have dinner. And what child wants to stop playing and clean a room? They just kept playing outside and came in a couple of times wanting to eat. Each time I told them to clean up and then I would get them dinner and each time they turned around and walked back outside to play more. Then I peeked through the blinds and they were both crouched by the raspberry bush eating the raspberries--ripe or not. At that point their outside play was over and they had to clean up the room.


First Day of School

Kinsey

Poor Kinsey really suffers from some serious middle child syndrome. She thought she was starting school with Kenadee and always says "my teacher..." or "at my school..." We thought she needed something just for her, so we enrolled her in a tots gymnastics program. Now once a weeks she gets to jump on trampolines, go through obstacle courses, climb on rock walls, and swing on uneven bars--it is everything she is prohibited from doing at home. She loves it. Lately as we go for walks, Kinsey periodically tells me we need to take a rest, which makes me laugh because she is riding in the stroller. I guess it takes more energy than I know to sit back and be pushed everywhere. She also celebrated her 3rd birthday last month. She wanted a pink poodle dog cake and so I attempted to make one.


I had to laugh when I saw her wearing my pjs

Excited about a birthday present

Not too sure about being the center of attention


Presents from Grandma and Grandpa

Kate
Kate is really our little sweetheart. Her smile can melt any heart. She is so lovable and happy. She has mastered the art of crawling and is now cruising around furniture, walking is in our near future. Kate loves the freedom gained in her mobility and I dread all the small things left lying on our floor that often find their way into her smiling mouth. She finally decided that she likes solid food and eats a ton. Her favorite is Cheerios--I have never seen a child more happy to eat them. Kate loves her sisters and crawls after them; she will just sit in their room and watch them play.
Too lazy to even hold it in her hands

She loves to be outside, but is not too sure of the grass
These are just some fun pictures I thought I would share. The next two are of Kenadee and Kinsey playing with shaving cream in the bathtub.





This is a beautiful loaf of challah bread that I made
These are some pictures of a family reunion.












1 comment:

  1. WOW...Kenadee in kindergarten? Weren't you just pregnant with her? Does she go a full day or a half day? That is fun that she and Cal are in the same grade! Great update! Good luck with all the harvesting and such. We are enjoying the produce from our "garden" which we planted in the flower beds on the sides and in the front of our house. Wish there was more! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete