Sunday, June 13, 2010

6 Months Old Today

Okay so I haven't been as good about updating the blog. Somehow time is going faster and my to-do list is growing longer.

Kate is 6 months old today and it seems like the time has gone by so fast. She can roll over from stomach to back and back to stomach, but she really does not like to do either. She is getting very close to sitting up on her own. Mostly she loves to look at you and smile and who can really complain about that. Kenadee and Kinsey can get her to laugh so easily. One day they were taking turns hitting her with pieces of string cheese; Kate was belly laughing what could I do except video tape it.

This is how Kate usually sleeps

Eating Rice cereal

Her cute smile

Lately Kenadee and Kinsey have taken a fancy to Beyonce's All the Single Ladies song. They continually sing the main lines and dance. If I could figure out how to upload video I would post it. Jared and I just laugh when our 2 year old starts singing "all the single ladies, all the single ladies." Today at church Kinsey started singing it. We just had to tell her to stop and hold back our laughter.


Over Memorial Day weekend we put over 1,000 miles on our van. Friday afternoon we went to Vernal for Jared's little brother's highschool graduation. The girls had so much fun playing with their two cousins Ryan and Emmalee. Saturday morning we woke up before 5am and drove to Idaho for Katrina's grandma's 85th birthday party. Kenadee started crying when we were putting her in the van because she wanted to stay and play with her cousins. It was wonderful to see Kat's grandma and so many aunts, uncles, and cousins. The girls had so much fun with all their cousins on that side. Kenadee loved playing with grandpa's kittens. Sunday afternoon we drove back to Vernal and then drove home Monday morning. We spent so much time in the car, but we were able to see so much family it was all worth it. On our way home we saw two bears on the side of the road; a mama and her cub.

This is the mama bear

Last Saturday it was so hot here and we had to get where it was cooler. We loaded up the girls, the 4-wheeler, and a picnic dinner and headed for the mountain. We ate a gourmet lunchmeat sandwich and then Jared took the 2 older girls and went for a 4-wheeler ride. I stayed back at the truck with Kate and read a book. It was fabulous. Everybody loved being outside. The only problem was that we really need a second 4-wheeler so we can all go riding together. I guess if we find a good deal we might just have to splurge.









On Friday we went to the park and shot off a rocket Jared got for Christmas. The girls thought it was pretty neat. Then we bought kites and flew them for a while--I think Jared and I had more fun with the kites than the girls. We went for a hike on Saturday morning and the girls loved picking all the different flowers. However our hike was cut short when it began raining and thundering and lightening. We were all wet and cold by the time we made it back to the van. Thankfully the hail did not start until we were all safely in the van. Of course we did not have the camera for any of this.

Just a cute picture of Kinsey wearing a dress up hat



2 comments:

  1. Kinsey is getting SO BIG! Crazy! And, I still think you're trying to sneek in pictures of Kinsey as a baby sometimes and just call her Kate. :) They look so much alike! The picture of the bear was so pretty--and so close. I love how Kate sleeps--so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your travels and outdoor adventures sound wonderful! We actually went camping a few days ago and it was really fun. I think we will start going at least once a year. Glad you had a great trip to see lots of family!

    ReplyDelete