Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter

We had a beautiful Easter this year. We loved listening to the Prophet and Apostles speak at General Conference. The two older girls loved the candy and toys and we hope they absorbed some of the true meaning of Easter that we tried to teach them.

Easter morning we woke to the girls finding their toys and eggs hid around the living room. We could hear how excited they were to find the eggs and discover them filled with candy. Jared and I did not want to get out of bed so we told them to go potty. I rolled over to see what time it was and much to my dismay it was 3:20 in the morning. Being as patient as I could, I made them go potty and then put them back to bed, which thankfully they did without protest. Later we heard the story: Kinsey woke up (probably to come into our bed--a nightly occurrence) and on her way to our room saw the pink Little Pony by her Easter basket. She picked up her toy and took it to Kenadee's room to show what the Easter bunny left. They both got up started looking for eggs and eating candy. It actually all worked out because after I put them back to bed I was able to get the beach towels I fogot to put with their stuff.


Kenadee with her Easter stuff

Kinsey and her Easter goodies


Dying Easter Eggs

Last week we decided the girls needed some individual attention, so we made a "date night." Jared took Kenadee shed hunting. She found 4 antlers: two 3-points, a 2-point, and one spike. Kenadee was so excited to find all the antlers and have some time with Dad. They also went to McDonalds for ice cream cones. She told her friend Madi about it and then Madi wanted to go on a date with her dad. Kinsey and Kate went shopping with me. Kinsey needed new church sandals and I thought she would love to get new shoes instead of all the hand-me-downs. Well, Kinsey is completely okay with her sister's old stuff and would rather avoid shopping for clothing. She stared crying as we were trying on different sandals, so I picked my favorite pair and then wisked her to the grocery store. She was thrilled with the bag of chocolate covered pretzels I bought her. We are way too much alike; I too would choose the candy over shoes. Both girls had fun though and it is something we will do on a continual basis. It made such an impact that today when Jared took Kinsey with him to take pictures of the progress in the new building she kept telling him "date." Next time Kinsey will get to go with Dad and Kenadee will come with Kate and me.

Kenadee with all her antlers

Kenadee after she found one of her antlers

I just thought this was a precious picture of Kate and her Dad taking a nap

1 comment:

  1. What a great family you have! The date idea is so great, isn't it?! Lee just finished a book, and now I am reading it, "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters" by Meg Meeker. You both would enjoy it! I am glad the girls enjoyed their dates...and Kinsey her pretzels!!

    ReplyDelete